“Keep watch over yourselves and all of the flock of which the Holy Spirit made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” – Acts 20:28
What are GROWth Groups?
We invite you to come and join with us in a GROWth Group this year so together you can develop your spiritual life in a friendly and relational atmosphere. Our groups will help people to “GROW” through 4 key elements:
- G – God is the focus of the group's activities; whether through prayer, Scripture discussion, praise, or any other activity
- R – Relationships that promote healthy spiritual growth
- O – Outreach to share the good news of the Gospel with others
- W – Workers for ministry including new Growth Group leaders
GROWth Group Co-ordinators are committed to:
- Building a culture of everybody attending a Sunday Celebration Service each week and involved in a Growth Group (weekly or fortnightly) to help create dynamic disciples of Christ.
- Being a church where outreach, incorporation of new people, basic discipleship and spiritual growth, pastoral care, relationship and leadership development is taking place via Growth Groups.
- Being a church where Sunday services and Growth Groups support and co-operate together along with people's personal time with God for the growth of people and the church.
- Believing that God calls all believers into ministry and wants to empower them to be effective in strengthening His kingdom.
Anyone whose heart is open to the ministry of the Holy Spirit and who is willing to be discipled can lead a GROWth group.
As such GROWth group leaders are people who:
- Demonstrate a living faith in Christ, are filled with the Holy Spirit and are growing in God like character
- Love and identify with the Core Values and Purpose (Vision) of SECC
- Work in unity and harmony with the leadership in the church
- Have regularly attended SECC for at least 6 months
- Love and serve people so that they feel loved and cared for
- Attend initial orientation and on-going leadership training/coaching and continue to develop personally