Goal: Assist current leaders to optimise their personal growth and ministry effectiveness
By maintaining a coaching system for all eldership, ministry team, small group leaders and major department leaders, as well as apprentice leaders.
South Eastern Christian Centre is committed to developing “ dependant people impacting communities and reaching nations for Christ.”
This vision is outworked primarily through participation in celebration services and small groups. The effectiveness of serving this vision is dependent upon good leadership. In order to assist our leaders optimise their personal and ministry success we are maintaining a network of coaching for all Small Group and other leaders.
The Coach's role is to ensure that leaders under their care have the greatest opportunity to continue to grow in all areas and hence can best influence others in accordance with the vision of the church.
Being connected in a coaching relationship
- builds trust and confidence in you as a leader
- prevents you from feeling isolated, left out, abandoned
- empowers and legitimises your ministry. If you are operating under legitimate authority, then you have the right to ask others to follow you.
Aims of Coaching
Leadership coaches are to assist growth in those they are coaching in such areas as:
- Personal spiritual life
- Maintain a regular personal devotional life including prayer, praise and the study of God's Word.
- Personally attend at least one weekly celebration service, including the pre-service prayer meeting, and all major church events.
- Be a Partner of the church and maintain regular disciplines including fasting and giving tithes and offerings.
- Marriage & Family Life
- Monitor the leader's marriage and family well being.
- Personal Growth (mind, emotion, physical well-being, employment)
- Personal health & well being
- Maintaining good relationships and effective work in their place of employment.
- Ministry Skills and Effectiveness
- Continue to develop in the ministry skills appropriate for their area of ministry.
- Developing other Leaders, as apprentices, under them
Each coach is appointed for a period of one year at a time. Reappointment will be by mutual agreement that satisfactory progress has been maintained.
- Be committed to assisting leaders under their care in order to have the greatest opportunity to continue to grow in all areas and hence to best influence others in accordance with the vision of the church.
- Attend scheduled Coach Training sessions as required.
- Agree to meet with Coachee twice each term.
- Agree to pray for and personally contact Coachees outside of regular coaching meetings, as required, so as to aid in their nurture and growth.
- You are not expected to be a trained counsellor or specialist in every area so it may be appropriate to refer the Coachee to other specialist personnel for particular issues. Discuss appropriate steps for this with the Coaching Co-Ordinator
- Work with the Coachee in setting their goals for the year to ensure growth in all areas, especially in the skills for ministering effectively. These goals will form the basis for the coaching sessions, along with other needs as they may arise.
- Ensure that the Small Group leader is competent in basic ministry skills such as leading a person to Christ, leading a person into the baptism in the Holy Spirit, assisting with water baptism and developing facilitation skills.
- Ensure that the leaders under their care are meeting the requirements of their job description.
- Provide a brief report to the Coaching Co-Ordinator each term for each person being coached.
- Meet with your assigned Coach twice each term. It is your responsibility to arrange the meetings. The coaching sessions are to be made a high priority in your life.
- Set goals (to be agreed to with your Coach) that are in line with the Vision and Values of South Eastern Christian Centre at the beginning of each year for growth in your:
- Personal spiritual life
- Marriage & family Life
- Personal growth (mind, emotion, physical well-being, employment)
- Ministry skills & effectiveness
- At each coaching session report on progress to celebrate in each area of your goals and discuss areas that you are needing help to develop.
- Maintain a teachable attitude and co-operate with the coaching advice given.
- Bring to each coaching session a completed Leadership Coaching progress Information sheet.